Monday, April 16, 2012

Change is the only constant.

I have loved this sweet banner, made by a sweet and talented friend, that has hung over our farmer's market booth for the last two summers. I still love it, but now it is bittersweet.  My sister and her family have moved to North Dakota.

North Dakota?

I know, that's what I said.

Williston to be exact, or just right outside of, or something like that.  You'll have to check out her blog to know exactly where (which she hasn't started yet but I'm sure my persuasive bugging will get her going any day now).

Lisa and I started tsp 4 years ago, almost to the day, and it's pretty incredible to think about where we started, where we are now, and the craziness that's happened along the way.  I know there is a lot of growth (and inevitable change) yet to come for this little bakery and, for now, I am charging ahead on my own.  Lisa motivated and inspired me on the days I wanted to thrown in my apron, and there will be tough days ahead w/out her, but she's only a phone call away and she may not know it (or be on the payroll) but she will continue to be a motivator/inspire-er (yeah I know that's not a word) to tsp.

I'm really less concerned about the business and much more so about how I am going to raid her closet from so far away.  Will I actually have to buy my own cute clothes? Now that is the real tragedy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment